Who we are
We were established in Slovakia in 1997
We gradually expanded into the Hungarian and Czech markets and are currently a member of Alma Media, a Finnish media group. As a result, we have become a part of the largest network of job portals in Central Europe and the Baltics.
We are professionals with a human touch
We strive to be a reliable partner for companies seeking employees and for candidates seeking to land a job. We approach each client individually and seek answers to every question.
Continuous improvement of services
We keep up with the latest technological advances and the needs of our clients while improving existing and developing new products. We also organise successful events and support charities in addition to our broad range of online services.
- Establishment of the company's official blog
- Via Bona Slovakia award from the Pontis foundation in the category of Fair Player in the Market for Edujobs.sk project
- Establishment of the We Know How incubator covering the stand-alone projects TaskHitter a KPI Watchdog
- Launch of Palgad.ee salary survey in Estonia
- Entry into the online Alma Career recruitment network active in nine European countries: Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia
- Profesia.sk delivers the first job search mobile application in Slovakia for iPhone and Android
- Launch of the beta version of Profesia Social Connect, which was shut down in 2015
- Start of voting for the Most Attractive Employer in Slovakia and presentation of awards to the winners of the Most Attractive Employer survey
- Launch of the Mojaplaca.hr salary survey in Croatia
- First year of the specialised Trh práce (Labour Market) conference
- Finnish company Alma Media becomes the owner of Profesia
- Launch of the RecruitRank selection process assessment tool and awarding of RecruitRank Awards
- Launch of the Profesia.cz job portal in Czech Republic
- Launch of salary surveys: Merces.sk in Slovakia, Merces.cz in Czech Republic and Merces.hu in Hungary
- Launch of the Mark HR application
- Award of the top prize in the category of legal entities within the Dar roka 2006 (Donation of the Year 2006) project for improving the opportunities for disabled people in finding suitable job fulfilment
- Launch of the Workania.hu job portal in Hungary
- Lapcom, Kft., A&N International Media Slovakia, a division of the British company Daily Mail and General Trust plc., becomes the owner of Profesia
- Certificate and "Slovak Gold" medal in the category of Services for the Profesia.sk product, awarded for the first time to an Internet company
- Fourth place and the top ranking Slovak company in the international Fast 50 ranking compiled by Deloitte in the Rising Stars category for fastest-growing technology companies
- First place in SlovakPrix Multimedia competition in the category of E-commerce and support for small and medium enterprises
- Establishment of Profesia, spol. s r.o.
- Cena roku 2000 (Year 2000 Award) in the HR Project category from Združenie pre riadenie a rozvoj ľudských zdrojov (Slovak Association for Human Resources Management and Development)
- Establishment of the Profesia.sk portal
We don’t see any limits in our work. That’s the reason why we don’t want others to experience them in their lives either. We have long been supporters of NGOs. Support includes company funds and individual support from many of our employees and we provide assistance to the disabled and socially disadvantaged.